Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Digital Demons: A Halloween Story.............by Bob Couser


Twas late October, on a scary Night,
In Aberdeen, if I recall it Right,
I was younger then, about Seventeen,
Dragging North Main, not looking Mean

Crossed the tracks near Milwaukee Depot,

My car leaked oil like an Old Repo,
By Piggly Wiggly, a green headed Beast, Quite Scary!
A second look, I knew it was Terry!
Green Beast Terry 1966



At 2nd Ave, I smelled an Aroma,
Saw a Dark Figure, like a Scotoma,
Dressed as Mr. Reaper, first name Grim 
A second look, I knew it was Tim!
Grim TIM 1966
 

 
















Passed 3rd Ave and Aldrich Park,
Driving on in my black Skylark,
At 4th Ave, a WITCH!, am I in Peril?
A second look, I knew it was Carole! 
CAROLE The Hag  1966


















Drove by the old North Fire Station,
I looked closer, I saw a Dalmatian,
On the ladder, a Werewolf! near the Top Story,
A second look, I knew it was Rory!
Werewolf Rory 1966
 

 














Finally made Scotty’s, at 8th & Main,
I parked my car to rest my Brain,
Out there, a Vampire, my heart’s a Throb!
A second look, I knew it was Bob!
Blood Thirsty BOB 1966
 

 












Well, after all, it was Halloween,
A time for fun, let’s make the scene,
For Class of ’66, about 50 years later,
Time for treats, less time for Satyr!

The Digital Demons don't wish ill will,
A little fright? YES! or a slight chill,
Let's take time to celebrate the season,
At our age, we have a just reason!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO CLASS OF '66
From Your Digital Demons








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob, think about all those years you spent as a Pediatric surgeon when you missed your real calling in life...think you are having such fun with this...great, fun job on the video and the Halloween poem. Happy Halloween to all our Classmates out there/

A Harmony of Flavors said...

I absolutely love, love LOVE this poem, Bob! Truly amazing that anyone can do that. To me it ranks with things like T'was the night Before Christmas in its feel, but it is fun and so very pertinent to those who live here and can relate to it! More like this!!!